We’re seeking a permanent (fixed term) Referee Appointments Officer to work closely with the Zone’s FQ – Referee Training and Development Officer (RTDO) and the State Referee’s Appointment Officer (SRAO) to appoint referees to Sunshine Coast Football’s competition matches and other sanctioned matches i.e. pre-season.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Managing the appointment of registered referees to all SCF matches including midweek and re-scheduled matches using the National Referee Appointments system (currently Schedula).
- Liaising with referees, junior referees parents / guardians, SCF Competitions Manager and others as required by email, telephone or face to face.
- Be available to referees and junior referees parents / guardians to address and resolve concerns regarding appointments.
- Liaise with the SCF Office on any incidents or concerns raised by referees.
- Liaise closely with the State Referee’s Appointment Officer, including weekly zoom or telephone meeting.
- Implement any special requirements of the RTDO or SRAO when making appointments.
- Assist in managing mentors / assessors for SCF matches in conjunction with the FQ appointed RTDO and SRAO. Keeping note of those referees who have been mentored and reported on.
- Monitor RefLive
- Ensure referees are appointed to matches within their capabilities.
- Report any unjustified withdrawals or rejections of appointments by referees to the SCF General Manager, State Referees Manager, Zone RTDO and State Referee Appointments Officer.
- Maintain accurate records of individual appointments.
Click here to view the full Position Description including knowledge, skills and behaviour required. The position is a permanent fixed term contract of 20 hours per week.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org including covering letter and resume. Applications close by 5pm on the 8th January 2021.