Referee Appointments Officer
We’re seeking a permanent (fixed term) Referee Appointments Officer to work closely with the Zone’s FQ – Referee Training and Development Officer (RTDO) and the State Referee’s Appointment Officer (SRAO) to appoint referees to Sunshine Coast Football’s competition matches and other sanctioned matches i.e. pre-season.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Managing the appointment of registered referees to all SCF matches including midweek and re-scheduled matches using the National Referee Appointments system (currently Schedula).
- Liaising with referees, junior referees parents / guardians, SCF Competitions Manager and others as required by email, telephone or face to face.
- Be available to referees and junior referees parents / guardians to address and resolve concerns regarding appointments.
- Liaise with the SCF Office on any incidents or concerns raised by referees.
- Liaise closely with the State Referee’s Appointment Officer, including weekly zoom or telephone meeting.
- Implement any special requirements of the RTDO or SRAO when making appointments.
- Assist in managing mentors / assessors for SCF matches in conjunction with the FQ appointed RTDO and SRAO. Keeping note of those referees who have been mentored and reported on.
- Monitor RefLive
- Ensure referees are appointed to matches within their capabilities.
- Report any unjustified withdrawals or rejections of appointments by referees to the SCF General Manager, State Referees Manager, Zone RTDO and State Referee Appointments Officer.
- Maintain accurate records of individual appointments.
Click here to view the full Position Description including knowledge, skills and behaviour required. Position is a permanent fixed term contract of 20 hours per week.
Applications close by 5pm on the 8th January 2021. Please send all applications to email@example.com including covering letter and resume.
Looking to earn some extra money whilst being involved in football?
Become a match official with Football Queensland and see all the action from the best seat in the house, where you’ll make lifelong friends and keep fit.
Refereeing teaches valuable skills such as the ability to handle pressure, communicate and work in a team.
To become a first year match official, follow these steps:
- Take the FREE online Laws of the Game Test. This tests your knowledge of the Laws of the Games fundamental concepts.
- Upon passing the Laws of the Game test, you must register for a Level 4 Referee Course. There is a $50 fee to complete the referee course.
- Once you have completed the course, you will need to register to Play Football. There is a fee to register as a referee. Fees for first year referees are $59 for Juniors and $98.50 for Seniors.
- Once you have completed the course and registered to Play Football, you will be ready to officiate!
Depending on your location, football matches take place on weekends (Fridays to Sundays), with occasional midweek games played at club grounds all over the Sunshine Coast.
Match payments are dependent upon your location, as well as the division and level of your match. View SCF’s Referee Fee Schedule for 2021 here.
Note: Participants must be 13 years of age, have completed the online laws of the game test, and paid the course fee in order to complete the Level 4 Referee course.